Australia-Taiwan Alumni Ideas Challenge Competition
Taiwanese alumni of Australian institutions are invited to submit a pitch (750 words maximum) for an idea to build further business and people-to-people links between Australia and Taiwan in the following areas:
· Innovation and science
· Arts, culture and sport
· Indigenous engagement
· Human rights and the environment
· Taiwan passport holder
· A graduate of Australian tertiary education institution (university or TAFE/VET college)
· Over the age of 18
The winner will receive a return international airfare plus up to two Australian domestic airfares (as required) and accommodation for up to a week in Australia. The Australian Office will assist in facilitating meetings with appropriate partners and stakeholders in Australia and Taiwan to help implement the plan.
Opening and closing
Entries may be submitted to the Alumni Ideas Challenge mailbox ([email protected]) between:
· 12:01am Saturday 28 September 2019; and
· 11:59pm Friday 22 November 2019.
Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
The winning entry will announced at the Australia Day reception hosted by the Australian Office, Taipei, in February 2020.
The pitch should provide a clear view of how the concept will advance economic, innovation, cultural, and/or people-to-people links between Australia and Taiwan. It should also include a practical plan to implement the idea, with suggested timeframes and milestones and potential partners and stakeholders in Australia and Taiwan.
Ideas will be assessed against the following criteria:
1. Impact: to what extent will the idea have broad benefit to Australia and Taiwan and reinforce positive perceptions, business and people-to-people links.
2. Practicality: to what extent will the idea lead to a tangible outcome. To what extent is it practical to implement, including identifying potential risks, partners and resource requirements;
3. Sustainability: to what extent will the idea create sustainable ongoing cooperation;
Pitches will be shortlisted and the finalists will be invited to make an oral presentation to the selection committee, which will then decide on the winner.
Terms and Conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions