The Australian Office Taipei is looking for a talented and energetic individual for the position of Senior Research Officer (Resources).
Working for the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources and reporting directly to Canberra-based officers, the Senior Research Officer (Resources) provides advice, research and analysis on resources and energy trade, investment and other issues affecting Taiwan and Australia. The position covers a broad range of ever-changing and evolving issues and the successful applicant is expected to be proactive, work independently under limited direction with a high level of autonomy, and develop professional networks.
Subject to a six-month probation period, the successful applicant will be offered an initial contract for a 12-month period with an option to renew the contract for another 12 months. The Australian Office will consider flexible work arrangements. The full-time annual salary starts from NTD1,629,136 (includes 13th month bonus), depending on skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Application materials must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format by email to [email protected] by 11.59pm on Wednesday 13 July 2022 (Taiwan time).
Late applications will not be considered.
Applications must include:
- a pitch of no more than 650 words outlining applicants’ abilities and addressing the selection criteria (see below)
- curriculum vitae.
- experience in and a strong understanding of the resources, mining, mining equipment, technology and services (METS) and energy sectors, particularly in Australia and Taiwan
- strong judgement and decision making and well-developed planning and organisational skills, including an ability to work independently and meet multiple objectives and competing deadlines
- demonstrated highly developed written and oral communication skills (in both English and Mandarin) with the ability to produce written work with little to no supervision and verbally communicate complex and technical concepts with ease to a non-expert audience
- well-development interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to develop and support complex relationships with internal and external networks of contacts
- innovative thinking and a drive to improve working processes
- ability to plan and co-ordinate promotional events and other functions
- experience in working with social media
- flexible team player as well as capable of working independently
- capacity to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- established professional network in Taiwan relevant to resources industry.