The Australian Office, which represents Australian interests in Taiwan, is seeking a suitable person to fill the following position in the Consular & Administration Section:
About the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
This appointment will be a 12-month temporary position. Under direction of the Deputy Office Manager, the Property Officer manages all leased accommodation and associated documentation and reports, manages the acquisition and disposal of assets, liaises with property stakeholders and local authorities, and assists with the management of public diplomacy events and the public diplomacy component of the Office’s website.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all leased residential accommodation, including negotiation with lessors and drafting of new lease documents
- Prepare residential inspection reports and A-based officer undertakings
- Manage all repairs and maintenance work for residential properties, including remedial action on the OPO Property Compliance Reports. Liaise with the post’s Facilities Manager, based in Tokyo, as required.
- Prepare disposal inspection reports and arrange/supervise disposal of items by tender, sale or destruction for non-IT/office equipment
- Arrange the removal and storage of AO non-IT/office equipment
- Maintain the post’s Capital Management Plan (CMP) for non-IT/office equipment, including the post’s rolling Furniture and Fittings replacement program
- Maintain inventories of non-IT/office equipment and manage the schedule for settling in kits.
- Act as an Approver’s Agent and exercise financial delegations in accordance with FMM
- Prepare procurement/property related documents for payment including preparing EOM prepayment reports
- Arrange property-related purchasing for the post. Call for quotations and arrange supply, follow-up of supplies, accept and check deliveries.
- Arrange removal and delivery of personal and household effects for staff; liaise with the local representative for Allied Pickfords
- Arrange clearance of all office consignments through MOFA, including preparation of necessary documentation. Assist with A-based officer arrival and departure formalities as required.
- Maintain and update public diplomacy component of AO website, including identifying, advising on and translating content
- Supervise and coordinate the design and production of promotional materials for selected public diplomacy events
- Assist with event management and logistical support to public diplomacy events
- Demonstrated advanced project management and negotiation skills, including an ability to solve problems and achieve results.
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills, including an ability to work productively as part of a team and manage a variety of concurrent tasks.
- Computer skills, including a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and good internet and social media skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin and English, including an ability to translate documents
- Experience in event management, good SAP skills and knowledge of local policy on importation, exports and duty free vehicle purchases and registration would be an advantage.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Normal working hours will be 0845 – 1715 Monday to Friday. Occasional overtime may be required. Salary will be NTD 880,461 per annum. Other benefits include performance bonus, pension scheme and insurance.
Note: This is a locally engaged position. There are no additional expatriate benefits available. If the successful applicant is not a resident of Taiwan, the Australian Office will assist to apply for an appropriate working permit and Alien Resident Certificate. Please note these processes can take up to two months.
Start date: late May (approximate)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants meeting the above criteria should submit the following documents in English:
- An up-to-date CV (maximum two pages);
- Contact details for two referees;
- A “one page pitch” outlining your claims to the position, no more than 500 words in length in total.
Applications should be addressed to the Deputy Office Manager, Consular and Administration Section, and submitted via post to:
President International Tower
27-28F, 9-11 Song Gao Road
Taipei 11073, Taiwan
OR by email to:
Closing date for applications is Friday 13 April 2018.
Please note that only applicants who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
The Australian Office supports workplace diversity and is a smoke-free environment.