The Australian Office, which represents Australian interests in Taiwan, is seeking a suitable person to fill the following position in the Consular & Administration Section:
Administrative Assistant & Driver
About the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
This appointment will be a 12-month temporary position. Under direction of the LANA & Deputy Office Manager, the occupant of the Administrative Assistant & Driver position will provide administrative and transport services to the post, including assisting with procurement, property and inspections of cash collections and advances.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Processes a range of routine administrative tasks, including reconciling the monthly statement for diplomatic airfreight mail.
- Undertake minor maintenance tasks, delivery of items, purchasing and property tasks.
- Undertake financial checks of cash collections and advances.
- Update and maintain internal office telephone contacts lists.
- Manage bookings for, and record SLA agency use of, office shared resource rooms.
- Prepare visitor packs for official visitors.
- Arrange periodical subscriptions and maintain a subscription list for DFAT.
- Assist with the preparation of payment documentation and processing of HR records.
- Develop and maintain annual hotel list including price and contact information.
- Provide safe and efficient driving services to office staff and visitors in Taipei.
- Provide advice on daily driving schedule and transport plan during visits.
- Maintain office vehicles. Liaise with supervisor when maintenance/repairs are necessary. Promptly advise supervisor of faults or mechanical problems.
- Maintain running sheets for vehicles.
- Assist with the maintenance of vehicle registration and insurance records.
- Demonstrated safe driving skills; applicant must have a valid driver’s license.
- Good communications skills, including client services and interpersonal skills to work productively as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver services, including an ability to solve problems and to achieve results.
- Demonstrated proficiency with modern communication and information technologies including Microsoft products.
- Good fluency in written and spoken English.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Normal working hours will be 0845 – 1715 Monday to Friday. Occasional overtime may be required. Salary will be NTD 562,719 per annum. Other benefits include performance bonus, pension scheme and insurance.
Note: This is a locally engaged position. There are no additional expatriate benefits available. If the successful applicant is not a resident of Taiwan, the Australian Office will assist to apply for an appropriate working permit and Alien Resident Certificate. Please note these processes can take up to two months.
Start date: Early July (approximate)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants meeting the above criteria should submit the following documents in English:
- An up-to-date CV (maximum two pages);
- Contact details for two referees;
- A “one page pitch” outlining your claims to the position, no more than 500 words in length in total.
Applications should be addressed to the Deputy Office Manager, Consular and Administration Section, and submitted via post to:
President International Tower
27-28F, 9-11 Song Gao Road
Taipei 11073, Taiwan
OR by email to:
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 23 May 2018.
Please note that only applicants who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
The Australian Office supports workplace diversity and is a smoke-free environment.