The 2017 Australia-Taiwan Alumni Awards Dinner will be held this Sunday 19 March in Taipei. The Awards celebrate the success and achievements of Taiwanese Alumni of Australian educational institutions. Awards will be presented in two categories:
The Australia-Taiwan Young Alumni Award honours a Taiwanese alumnus or alumna under the age of 40 who has exemplified the characteristics of integrity, initiative, innovation and leadership.
The Australia-Taiwan Distinguished Alumni Award is Australia’s highest accolade for Taiwanese alumni who have demonstrated outstanding personal and professional achievements and significantly contributed to the community, their profession, and Alma Mater in Australia or Taiwan.
The finalists for the 2017 Australia-Taiwan Young Alumni Award are:
• Ms. Yu-ting (Tina) Hong ( The University of Newcastle, Australia)
• Mr. Yu-jen (Jason) Hsu (Monash University)
• Dr. Yu-hsin (Tom) Lin (University of Sydney)
• Mr. Polin Sun (University of Southern Queensland)
The finalists for the 2017 Australia-Taiwan Distinguished Alumni Award are:
• Dr. Chia-han (Bill) Chang (The University of Melbourne)
• Prof. Ming-ling (Maggie) Chao (The University of Newcastle)
• Ms. Yen-yen Chen (Macquarie University)
• Dr. Chien-jung Hsu (Monash University)
• Prof. Jin-ding Lin (Griffith University)
• Ms. Li-chu (Lisa) Wang (University of Southern Australia)
• Mr. Sung-chuan Wei (University of Southern Queensland)
• Grand Justice Dr. Chen-huan Wu (Bond University)
• Dr. Ru-yu (Roy) Wu (Monash University)
Congratulations to all of the finalists on their outstanding success as Australian Alumni! We will announce the winners of the Young Alumni Award and Distinguished Alumni Award on Sunday night.